Policies & Procedures
Amway Center is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all patrons. Guests in need of assistance may seek out a team member or security officer, visit one of the Guest Assistance locations (on the north end of the Terrace and Promenade Levels) or call our security office at 407.440.7010.
Bags are not permitted at Amway Center events. Guests are permitted to bring one small clutch that is 4.5" x 6.5" x 1" or less. Medical and parent bags are exceptions but will be subject to X-ray at designated locations for entry to Amway Center (max. 14"x14"x6").
To ensure the safest environment possible, the City of Orlando and the Amway Center prohibit the following items from being brought through the gates of the Center:
Amway Center encourages all patrons to arrive early and travel light as each guest must adhere to a security inspection prior to entrance.
The following are prohibited items at Amway Center:
- Adhesive decals, stickers, or similar materials
- Audio recording devices
- Cans, souvenir cups and bottles (plastic or hard-sided reusable)
- Coolers and hard-sided containers
- Drones and fireworks
- Helium balloons
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers and flashlights
- Noisemakers and amplifiers (except for cowbells which are permitted for Orlando Solar Bears games only)
- Outside food & beverage
- Pets (except service animals)
- Professional and/or commercial cameras with detachable lenses or lenses 3" or longer
- Recreation equipment (skates, skateboards and cycles)
- Signs larger than 11" x 17", signs on sticks, signs with indecent or derogatory comments/images, political statements or commercial references
- Unauthorized solicitation, handbills, giveaways or sampling
- Weapons of any kind
- Wrapped gifts
The following are prohibited items durnig Orlando Magic games at Amway Center:
- Audio/visual recording devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles etc.)
- Clothing, garments or signs displaying explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization towards any person(s)
- GoPros, GoPro sticks, selfie sticks, tripods, mono-pods
- Optical Illusions or items intended to create optical illusions or interfere with the ability of the eye to perceive depth or distance, such as pin wheels or umbrellas
- Poles, selfie-sticks, tripods, monopods and missile-like objects that can be thrown
- Professional and/or commercial cameras with lenses 3" or longer
- Strollers (NBA // Orlando Magic games only)
Although by state law, the City cannot regulate the admission of patrons with weapons, the vast majority of private event promoters who use the Amway Center do not allow patrons with weapons to be admitted to their events. Security personnel reserve the right to inspect any item at any time and prohibit any item deemed inappropriate for crowd safety.
Signs, Banners, Posters and Flags
- Item must be related to the event
- Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
- Item may not be larger than 11” x 17” in size
- Item may not obstruct any sponsor or advertiser signage
- Item may not be hung, attached or displayed on any part of the building
- Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by Amway Center management
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by Amway Center management
Non-flash, still cameras, may be used to take pictures of sporting events or events where house lights are illuminated during a performance. Cameras with detachable lenses longer than three (3) inches when extended are prohibited from all Amway Center sporting events. Tripods or other photography equipment may not be used or admitted without building issued media credentials.
iPads and tablets are permitted for Orlando Magic and Orlando Solar Bears games. All other sporting events are subject to change at any time at the show’s discretion.
Concerts and Other Events
Cameras with a detachable lens, lenses longer than three (3) inches, and the use of flash photography are prohibited at all Amway Center events. Call the administration office at 407.440.7000 prior to the event for camera policy updates. Camera policy is subject to change at any time at the show’s discretion. Shows/events reserve the right to approve camera use at any time during and/or before the event and to prohibit the use of any camera that is deemed unacceptable.
In the best interest of guest and staff safety, a search process may be required for select events in order to prevent guests from bringing unauthorized and/or prohibited items into the Amway Center. Guests who refuse to submit to either visual, pat-down or wanded searches shall be refused entry.